Friday 27 June 2008

Is Not Finish...Is Finish

People! Rejoice!

Our 3rd LP ("Three"- yeah, traditionalists to the last) is almost done. The Ed reckons it's mixed to perfection (& he has high standards & will not accept nothing that's not the best or at least a bit close to the best) & we (me & he) are off to that London on Sunday to a) master it & b) buy me a John & Yoko from the market opposite the studio. Both of these events will be sweet.

It was started in the middle of August last year so considering that the 2nd LP ("Technicolour" still available in many shops) took almost 3 years from start to mastering this is like us being especially busy Japanese POW beavers on a really productive day.

The next one we'll hopefully start doing soon. I think the approach will be to completely record 2 or 3 songs a weekend rather than doing bits of 12. The next one WILL be called "Love You" & will be about 10 or 11 songs long. Imagine The Flamin' Groovies (with Roy Loney obviously) playing the hits of Randy Newman. Imagining it? That's what we're going for on the next one. Bitter but danceable.

The first song on it (the next LP) is called "WTF? (Or How I Realized I'd Wasted 10 Years Of My Life)".

& I've just made a "muxtape" all the kids are talking about-

http://eltonjohn.muxtape.com/

Enjoy?

No comments: